My name is Marco and I am currently a PhD candidate in Business Administration at Chongqing University, People’s Republic of China. I previously got a MA in Political Science and a BA in Foreign Languages at the Catholic University of Milan.
Before the outbreak of the pandemic, I was based in Chongqing, a Chinese metropolis full of opportunities in the Western part of the country. I am currently waiting to go back to Western China to finish my PhD.
In the past years I turned my passion for China into a job. It all started with an internship at the Italy China Foundation in Milan, during which I wrote some articles for the “Focus China” project. Later I worked for the International Relations Office of the Cabinet of the Mayor of Milan, dealing in particular with research on China in view of Expo 2015. After graduation I returned to the Foundation, to work on the “China Awards 2016” project, which resulted in an intense and unforgettable experience. I also worked for the Italian Chinese Institute and again for the Italy China Foundation in 2018.
Since the beginning of 2017, I have been a Teaching assistant at Catholic University of Milan for the course of “History and Geo-economy: the economic development of China”.
What I do
- PhD Candidate – Chongqing University, School of Economics and Business Administration. Chongqing, China
- China Expert – Galileo Galilei Italian Institute Chongqing, China
- Research team member and operational manager of dissemination activities – ArtIst Project, Erasmus+. Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies. Pisa, Italy
- Teaching Assistant – Course “History and Geo-economics: the economic development of China“, Faculty of Political and Social Sciences, Catholic University of Milan. Milan, Italy
- Mentor – Chulalongkorn University, School of Integrated Innovation. Bangkok, Thailand
- Member – China Italy Chamber of Commerce “Sports & Tourism Working Group“. Beijing, China